In 1916, the Fairview Village Assembly was organized "to promote sociability and cooperation, and ... to advance the interest of the community." Three years later, the Assembly built a meeting hall in Fairview Village in which they held suppers, bazaars, square dances, and holiday gatherings.
In 1952, over 100 Worcester residents gathered in the Fairview Village Assembly Hall (now known as Worcester Township Community Hall) to form the Worcester Township Civic Association. The purposes of the group were to foster public interest in government; to assist in the maintenance of good mutual understanding between the citizens and public officials; to inform, arouse, and lead public opinion toward the solution of the township's problems; and to promote friendship and sociability among the residents of Worcester Township.
To see the complete FOW Historic Timeline, click here!